Mineralized is BEYOND natural.
Imagine your deodorant was made of the same things that are ALREADY in your body.
It would be a higher standard.
It would be the cleanest possible deodorant.
This is what we did with Mineralized.
Mineralized uses magnesium and calcium to stop odor.
Stuff your body is familiar with.
Your body already manages magnesium and calcium. They are part of the natural rhythms of your body.
Mineralized is BEYOND natural. It is made of ingredients that are naturally IN YOU.
"My only requirement for my deodorant is that I don't want to smell. I've tried a lot of other natural deodorants and they seems promising until the middle of the day. They never held up. But this stuff is amazing, goes on easy, stays on for a long time and smells incredible! I will never use another deodorant. Do yourself a favor and buy some!" -Brittany
- Food-quality ingredients. Each ingredient is individually safe to consume. You could technically eat this deodorant (though that is not recommended!).
- Free of carbon plastics, petrochemicals, parabens and phthalates.
- No aluminum or baking soda.
- Vegan, gluten free, not tested on animals.
- Free of any greasy, waxy or gooey residue because it is a powder. Won't stain clothing.
Magnesium Hydroxide is an antacid and helps neutralize odor and is derived from sea water. Generally recognized as safe (GRAS/FS) as a food additive by the FDA.
Magnesium Carbonate absorbs moisture, keeping you drier. Generally recognized as safe (GRAS/FS) as a food additive by the FDA.
Magnesium Oxide (Magnesia) is a hydroscopic (water-absorbing) compound also derived from sea water. Generally recognized as safe (GRAS) as a food additive by the FDA.
Calcium Carbonate (Calcite) is an antacid and helps create an in hospitable environment for odor-causing bacteria. Generally recognized as safe (GRAS) as a food additive by the FDA.
Calcium Sulfate. This mineral absorbs moisture, and is generally recognized as safe (GRAS/FS) as a food additive by the FDA.
Fractionated Coconut Oil (FCO). A very small amount of this food-safe, organic oil is added to dampen the powder for easier application.
(Don't want coconut oil? Try our Unscented Jojoba Mineralized, which is free of coconut oil.)
Essential oils (in scented Mineralized). We source high-quality essential oils for our scents. Descriptions below.
Science Behind Odor:
Naturally occurring bacteria eat sweat and produce waste that has an unpleasant odor.
Minerals found in spring water and are already required by your body.
We created a mixture that comes from nature, neutralizes odor, and is made of minerals familiar to your body.
Sandalwood: (woody, creamy, warm, inviting)
Cherry Blossom: (light, sweet and refreshing with notes of pear, rose, and vanilla)
Blue Tansy: (sweet, earthy, herbal, complex)
Lavender: (floral, clean, notes of herbs, calming)
Pink Grapefruit + Bergamot: (bright, fruity, fresh, invigorating)
Sage: (fresh, herbaceous, hints of eucalyptus and mint, magical)
Wild Black Spruce: (freshly-cut pine, woodsy, musky, hardy)
Vanilla: (sweet, rich, nostalgic)
Unscented: (smell like yourself)
and Jojoba Unscented: (our most sensitive offering, free of coconut oil).
Why a powder?
It is strange to us that humans dig oil out of the ground to create chemicals that we apply to our body.
When did it become OK to do this?
Oil-derived chemicals are what make common deodorants into sticks, gels, and creams. They create the texture.
The environmental impacts of the oil industry are well known.
The long-term health effects of applying these chemicals to your body are, at best, unknown.
Choose Mineralized Deodorant for your long-term health and for the environment.
"It does not irritate my skin, and it works!" -Toni
Why spring water?
We chose natural, spring water ingredients for three reasons:
- They are chemically very simple. As an aside, we believe it is important to eat foods with 'one ingredient' rather than processed foods that have many ingredients. Mineralized is a deodorant version of that: made of just 7 simple ingredients.
- The minerals found in spring water have been available and abundant for millions of years, so our bodies are very familiar (and actually require) these minerals, so the risk of long-term health consequences is low. Compare these ingredients to much newer, often unpronounceable chemicals found in other deodorants.
- They are low on the industrial production food chain so they have less processing steps. Most of Mineralized is made by evaporating sea water and separating the resulting Mineral slurry.