Spring water ingredients have been chosen for their odor- and wetness-fighting properties, as well as their long-term safety.
Why spring water?
We chose natural, spring water ingredients for two reasons:
- The minerals found in spring water have been available and abundant for millions of years, so our bodies are very familiar (and actually require) these minerals, so the risk of long-term health consequences is low. Compare these ingredients to much newer, often unpronounceable petrochemicals found in other deodorants.
- They are low on the industrial production food chain so they have less processing steps, and therefore are generally easier on the environment.
- Food-quality ingredients. Each ingredient is individually safe to consume. You could technically eat this deodorant (though that is not recommended!). Mineralized has your long-term health in mind, and it is great for sensitive skin.
- Free of carbon petrochemicals, plastics, parabens and phthalates. Mineralized deodorant powder is decarbonized.
- Free from aluminum, baking soda.
- Vegan, gluten free, not tested on animals.
- Free of any greasy, waxy or gooey residue because it is a powder.
Magnesium Hydroxide (Brucite, Milk of Magnesia). In Mineralized (and other deodorants) it is an antacid and helps neutralize odor. Generally recognized as safe (GRAS/FS) as a food additive by the FDA.
Magnesium Carbonate (Magnesite). In Mineralized it absorbs moisture, keeping you drier. Generally recognized as safe (GRAS/FS) as a food additive by the FDA.
Magnesium Oxide (Magnesia). This hydroscopic (water-absorbing) compound is also derived from sea water. Generally recognized as safe (GRAS) as a food additive by the FDA.
Calcium Carbonate (Calcite). This ingredient is also an antacid, which helps create an inhospitable environment for specific odor-causing bacteria. Generally recognized as safe (GRAS/FS) as a food additive by the FDA; it is a common filler in many food items.
Calcium Sulfate. This mineral absorbs moisture, and is generally recognized as safe (GRAS/FS) as a food additive by the FDA; it is a common filler in many food items.
(Fractionated) Coconut Oil (FCO). A very small amount of this food-safe, organic oil is added to dampen the powder for easier application.